Monday, January 12, 2009

Many Grins and One big frown

Date: Jan 12 Mon
Weather: 31F/39F
Mileage: 24(LHT)
January mileage: 168
Year to date: 168

Damn, damn, damn. I can be such an incompetent human being sometimes.

Grins:
  • wonderful weather this morning at a mild 32F. I dressed perfectly for it and was really comfortable the whole way to work.
  • nice weather this afternoon at near 40F with clearing skies.
  • Seeing sun downtown reflecting off the bridges and buildings. I don't really write poetry, but I had "exoskeleton", "bathed", "ember", "Michelangelo" and some others ready for a poem. Nah.
  • Meeting up with T. Armstrong on the way home on Spring.
  • Trying to stay up with T.A. up Payne, I on the LHT and he on a '70s Raleigh with 3sp Sturmey-Archer. He's strong. :-)
  • Taking a nice turn with T.A. down Frankfort, talking bikes, traffic stories and generally pushing a good gear.
  • Looping through Middletown and getting that late afternoon stupid grin on my face.
Frown:
  • getting home from the commute to find my pannier pocket open. I feel inside and locate the important wallet, house keys (fam is gone for evening), work key ring but...
no glasses
  • this is now the 2nd time I've lost glasses on a ride. The good wife is going to KILL ME! And she should. We have that post-holiday, post-house taxes, post-insurance cash flow issue that'll right itself with federal returns and spring tennis checks. What to do in the time being? I can write descriptively enough to express my own person disappointment in myself. They're replaceable in the grand scheme but come on. I broke some May of '07 (in a ridiculous fit of rage). I lost them on a 45-mile epic commute home and now...
Maybe I'll find them tomorrow at work or on the road when I RETRACE my ride. For $300 you have to. 'Course, now's the chance at disposable contacts and/or bifocals. I've noticed the need.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tim,

    Sucks on the glasses...

    use this website - http://www.goggles4u.com/

    Seriously. I have bought upwards of 10 pairs here. 25 bucks.Shipped. For real. Takes about 10 days which may be a problem.

    Call me to discuss if you need.

    Dale

    ReplyDelete