Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Commute No.5

Date: Jan 13 Tues
Weather: 40F/25F, flurries of no consequence
Mileage: 20 (LHT)
January mileage: 188
Year to date: 188

I retraced much of my route from yesterday afternoon, but to no surprise, the glasses case didn't show. It's a nice bright blue, so I thought I might see it along the rode somewhere, standing out against the drab browns and greys of the season. Instead, I observed innumerable bottles, wrappers, leaves and pieces of junk. I guess I'll go without or find some supercheap ones, b/c the year-end and holidays have shot our finances (much less all my late-year bike spending). I think the home heating and health-care increases have hit the family a bit more this winter and start of '09 that in years past. We'll get by fine, but they will be no $300 glasses any time soon.

Otherwise the weather the conditions couldn't have been stranger today. I rode to work this a.m. at a balmy 40F but with rain. The problem was that the forecast called for falling temps, so I wasn't really dressed for wet but rather with layers that would supply me warmth later. And later, this afternoon, the temps did in fact fall to a windy 25F. I dressed pretty well but the toes were getting coldish by the end of my afternoon 14m.

No comments:

Post a Comment