Friday, January 23, 2009

Commute No. 10

Date: Jan 23 Fri
Weather: 38F
Mileage: 6 (SSFrankenTrek)
January mileage: 300
Year to date: 300

A day for a (near first). First (near) first was that I had cycling clothes on this morning and got really close to taking them off and driving. I feel strange, "touched", and almost just drove. I rode anyway and had a fine ride. It was 38F in the morning, which felt balmy. Second (near) first was that I rode to work but not home. I think I had a Afib episode mid-afternoon. This is on top of the 2 exercise-induced episodes in preceding week and a weird high heart rate while sitting around last night. Something's not right and I called the cardiologist from work this afternoon. I feel alright now, but it's like a cute little dark cloud following me just off my shoulder. The good wife picked me up after picking the boys up from school. I left the Trek there.

It is what it is. I still plan on riding this weekend most likely. I've found from experience that an episode sort of knocks me off a bit for a while, but then I get over it. I don't know. Life is perplexing.

No comments:

Post a Comment